Chapter Member Benefits
Join the Penn State Chicago family
like to invite you to join the Penn State Chicago Chapter as a member,
or renew your membership. Membership year is from July 1st through June 30th
every year, but if you join or renew between April and June, you'll be signed up for the
2013-14 membership year.
So why should you join the Chicago Chapter?
WHAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP SUPPORTS...
Active and successful fundraising campaigns for those in need:
- A community of 3,000+ Penn Staters in the Greater Chicago area
- 300+ active members
- Seeking to build upon our shared values and experiences as Penn Staters
- Bringing a little bit of Happy Valley to the Windy City
A positive impact on the local community through volunteering:
- Raised over $7,000 for THON 2013
- Over $62,000 raised for scholarships for students from the Chicago area ($5,000 in 2012)
- More than $1,000 raised for the Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center
- $500+ for the Wounded Warrior Project
Connecting with the next generation of Penn Staters
- Chicago Youth Sports Alliance Field Day
- Inspiration Corporation
- Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center holiday kids party and gift drive
- Other volunteer events, such as family dinners at the Ronald McDonald House
Numerous social events that bring Penn Staters together:
- Chicago area PSU undergraduate applications - up 4.8%
- Chicago area PSU undergraduate admission offers - up 5.9%
- Chicago area PSU undergraduate accepted admissions offers - up 16.3%
- Alumni volunteers staffed 32 local college fairs last year
- Annual student send-off picnic in the suburbs
- Football Saturdays at AJ Hudson’s with discount beer mug for members, raffles and giveaways
- THON and Scholarship charity events with discounted tickets for members
- Monthly dining out and networking events in Chicago and suburbs
- Group sporting events: Chicago Rush, Chicago Fire, Bus Trip to PSU vs. Purdue, with discounted tickets for members
- BIG 10 events with other local alumni: BTN BIG10K, White Sox Big Ten Night
- Penn State Research on the Road: brings PSU professors to discuss topics of local interest
- Sports leagues
Becoming a member offers these great benefits:
- Subscription to PSU Chicago mailing list – receive periodic email reminders of upcoming chapter events
- Discounts on selected chapter activities
Periodic hardcopy mailings throughout the year
Priority for Penn State sports tickets sold by the chapter
Qualified to become more involved with a committee or the board
So are you ready to join or new? Just follow the links below...
You can sign up for either an individual membership ($15) or a couple
membership ($25). A couple membership is defined as two people residing
at the same address. Our membership year runs from July 1st through June 30th.
We hope to see you at our future events. Thanks for your support!
We are...PENN STATE (Chicago)!